Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
30 years ago or so, I had these in a pub in Wales and they were outstanding. Glad I finally found a recipe for them.
- Mix breadcrumbs and cheese, finely chopped onion and seasoning.
- Beat together 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and use to bind mixture.
- Make into 12 even sized sausage shapes and roll in flour.
- Coat in beaten egg white and flour.
- Fry in hot fat or oil.
- Serve with red peppers and a fresh green salad.
Love this recipe - very easy and tasty. Thanks for posting this one!
A pleasure to make these especially since I live in Glamorgan! Very simple to make with easy ingredients. I used Caerphilly cheese (Welsh) which isn't too sharp and barely a half teaspoon of ready mixed mustard which gave them a 'tangy' flavour. They cooked quickly and were delicious with a mixed salad and a loaf of fresh bread on the side.