Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
If they like liver, oh boy!
- 1 lb liver, chopped into smaller chunks
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour (or whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (will make an oily cookie, so watch your clothes, they could get grease stains!)
- Line a jellyroll pan (big cooking sheet with small sides) with aluminum foil.
- Spray with Pam.
- Using either a blender or a food processor, add liver and blend until liquefied then add remaining ingredients, moist ones first, blending as you add the entire mixture should be the consistency of cement.
- Spoon mixture out into pan and spread as evenly as you can.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 They are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Test several places because the mixture is so thick, it's hard to spread evenly.
- Remove from oven and cut in small squares. Cool and peel foil off the back.
- Separate pieces and put in freezer on a cookie sheet until hard.
- Then freeze. These will keep for several days in a cooler or even in a very cool room or show site. Thaws in the microwave in just a few seconds.