Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe from Australian Delicious.
Make and share this Self-Saucing Citrus Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g unsalted butter (softened plus extra to grease)
- 1 vanilla bean (split and seeds scraped)
- 1 lemon (1 tablespoon finely grated zest and juice of)
- 236.59 ml caster sugar (2x1/2 cups = 220 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml plain flour (150 grams)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml milk (80ml)
- 29.58 ml cornflour
- 2 oranges (finely grated zest and juice of)
- 236.59 ml water (boiling 250ml)
- 29.58 ml icing sugar (to dust estimated)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 1.5 litre pudding bowl.
- Beat the butter, vanilla seeds, lemon zest and half the sugar together in an electric mixer until thick and pale and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined.
- Fold in the plain flour, baking powder and salt and then fold in the milk until combined.
- Spread the batter into the pudding basin.
- Mix conrflour with remaining 1/2 cup sugar, then use a sieve to dust over the pudding.
- Combine lemon juice, orange zest and orange juice and boiling water in a jug and then gently pour over the batter by pouring over the back of a large spoon (DO NOT stir mixture).
- Bake the pudding for 50-60 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the sponge layer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then scoop into bowls, dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla icecream and or cream.
- NOTE - do not discard deseeded vanilla bean, insert into a jar of sugar and make your own vanilla sugar.
Fabulous dessert. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)