Cook2 hrs 50 mins
I recently acquired a new slow cooker and this recipe was in the instruction booklet.
Make and share this Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding (Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour (sifted)
- 90 g butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (extra)
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (or as much as you need to serve)
- 6 scoops ice cream or 6 scoops cream, to serve
- Preheat slow cooker for 20 minutes on high.
- Grease the slow cooker bowl (would recommend if using butter to put on wax paper or baking/parchment paper to do).
- In a separate bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients mixing or whisking well together.
- Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa powder over mixture.
- Using a spoon, gently and evenly pour the boiling water over the mixture.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours, or until centre is firm (I think cooking time could vary depending on the size of your crock pot/slow cooker - mine is a 6L oval shaped cooker and this is the time they recommend).
- Serve with sifted icing sugar and ice cream or cream.
ok wowser this was good and easy too. you dont have to warm up the house with an oven to make cake.i melted 1/4 stick of butter in crock pot and poured batter over it and used a stick of butter in batter which makes up amount called for . make this
This was a fantastic dessert, though I used low-fat milk, and the cooking time in my cooker was 3 1/2 hours. Probably different sizes, but it did not burn. This came together real well. I was going to add some chocolate chips to this, but the recipe looked fine as is I for one like chocolate pudding, the DS let hers cool in the fridge, and I had mine while still warm. They were both good either way. Tagged and made for PRMR. Thanks Pat for a nice dessert.<br/>. Forgot to mention served with some vanilla ice cream.