Recipe by I'mPat
I recently acquired a new slow cooker and this recipe was in the instruction booklet.
Top Review by Dienia B.
ok wowser this was good and easy too. you dont have to warm up the house with an oven to make cake.i melted 1/4 stick of butter in crock pot and poured batter over it and used a stick of butter in batter which makes up amount called for . make this
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour (sifted)
- 90 g butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (extra)
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (or as much as you need to serve)
- 6 scoops ice cream or 6 scoops cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat slow cooker for 20 minutes on high.
- Grease the slow cooker bowl (would recommend if using butter to put on wax paper or baking/parchment paper to do).
- In a separate bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients mixing or whisking well together.
- Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa powder over mixture.
- Using a spoon, gently and evenly pour the boiling water over the mixture.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours, or until centre is firm (I think cooking time could vary depending on the size of your crock pot/slow cooker - mine is a 6L oval shaped cooker and this is the time they recommend).
- Serve with sifted icing sugar and ice cream or cream.