Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A recipe my mum gave me when I left home which I rediscovered over the weekend. Not sure of its origin - possibly Edmonds Cookbook - but a good, quick microwave pudding that my kids love. Great on cold days.
- 236.59 ml self raising flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 9.85 ml melted butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cocoa
- 29.58 ml coconut
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla till mixture is just combined.
- Spoon batter into a large ring container or casserole dish.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa and coconut and sprinkle it over the batter.
- Pour hot water carefully over the batter and cover with a sheet of waxed paper.
- Cook on high for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Serve with icecream or whipped cream.
This would have to be the best pudding i have had in ages! It actually self sauces and there isn't many round that do it properly well not for me anyway! Big thumbs up from me!
Works beautifully for me. Also a recipe my mum used, but never attempted in microwave (until now!). Her recipe was from Edmonds. Beautiful with frozen raspberries stirred through the batter just prior to cooking.
Best Ever, So simple to make and yummy to eat, thanks for sharing your recipe with us, Five Star Rating from me, will definately make again and again and again!