Recipe by Nicole N
A recipe my mum gave me when I left home which I rediscovered over the weekend. Not sure of its origin - possibly Edmonds Cookbook - but a good, quick microwave pudding that my kids love. Great on cold days.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla till mixture is just combined.
- Spoon batter into a large ring container or casserole dish.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa and coconut and sprinkle it over the batter.
- Pour hot water carefully over the batter and cover with a sheet of waxed paper.
- Cook on high for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Serve with icecream or whipped cream.