Self-Saucing Banana Butterscotch Pudding
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the banana thinly and place in the abse of a 6 cup capacity baking dish.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, orange zest, cardamon or cinnamon and raisins in a bowl, breaking up clumps of raisins.
- Stir the mashed banana, butter, egg and milk together in a bowl and using a large metal spoon, fold into the flour. Pour the batter over the sliced banana.
- Topping: Put the boiling water, butter and brown sugar in a jug and stir to dissolve the sugar. Gently pour the topping over the pudding. If you pour it over the back of a spoon, the topping will evenly distribute without damaging the top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the pudding is firm to touch and is pulling away from the sides of the dish. The top will have cracks in it.
- To Serve: Dust the pudding with icing sugar and serve with ice cream, soft whipped cream or Greek Yogurt.