Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the 'Dish' magazine. Described as guaranteed to make everyone soon.
Make and share this Self-Saucing Banana Butterscotch Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 banana, very ripe and mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the banana thinly and place in the abse of a 6 cup capacity baking dish.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, orange zest, cardamon or cinnamon and raisins in a bowl, breaking up clumps of raisins.
- Stir the mashed banana, butter, egg and milk together in a bowl and using a large metal spoon, fold into the flour. Pour the batter over the sliced banana.
- Topping: Put the boiling water, butter and brown sugar in a jug and stir to dissolve the sugar. Gently pour the topping over the pudding. If you pour it over the back of a spoon, the topping will evenly distribute without damaging the top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the pudding is firm to touch and is pulling away from the sides of the dish. The top will have cracks in it.
- To Serve: Dust the pudding with icing sugar and serve with ice cream, soft whipped cream or Greek Yogurt.