Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great recipe to have on hand when your recipe calls for self-rising flour. This blend can be used for muffins, scones, cakes, cupcakes or any recipe that uses baking powder for leavening. The recipe is from Living Without.
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sorghum flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch or 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum or 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk. Store in refrigerator for longer self-life.