I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Apple Cookery Spiced with History. The recipe was submitted by Donna Kruger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients together.
- 2Add shortening, eggs and applesauce.
- 3Beat until smooth and well blended.
- 4Fold in walnuts.
- 5Pour into greased and floured 9x13" pan.
- 6Press whole marshmallows into batter to bottom of pan.
- 7(Twenty marshmallows should make 4 rows with 5 marshmallows to a row). They will rise to the top during baking and make the frosting.
- 8Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Self Frosting Marshmallow Applesauce Cake
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 956.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 80.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g