Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Something a little different from the ordinary cupcake and so good.
Make and share this Self Filled Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- Mix cake according to package directions.
- Fill paper cups in muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Cream the cheese with the sugar; beat in egg and salt.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop 1 rounded tsp of cheese mixture into each cupcake.
- Bake as package directs for cupcakes.
Talk about rich stuff!!This was a wonderful recipe!! We loved it. I added some white chocolate chips to the cake mix...and tat is all I changed to the recipe. It was TDF!!! It didn't need any other changes at all, and I would advice anyone looking at this recipe, try it!! And don't change a thing, quick whip up but oh so good!!
This is by far one of the best cupcake recipes around. I made these for my son's preschool and he came home with an empty plate! I would like to try a variation on this with white or strawberry cake mix, strawberry cream cheese and white chocolate chips. Excellent baked product that is worth the extra step of filling, try it!
I've made these cupcakes a dozen times since I stumbled onto this recipe. Best to stick with the ingredients as-is to get the best filling texture. I drop the filling in AFTER filling the batter up to about 3/4 of the cupcake paper and the filling always moves to the bottom as it should. Family and co-workers request that I bring these to almost every big get-together, they are a hit!