Recipe by Karin...
This is my favourite quiche recipe mainly because it is very vesatile. I have made a number of variations using the basic egg mixture each time but with different filling. eg. subtituting canned asparagus,and,1/4 pint asparagus brine and 1/4 pint milk instead of 1/2 pint milk. The basic recipe I was given atleast 10 years ago - but I've improved on it over the years.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Karin, this was a big hit today at my luncheon. There was not a piece left. Bummer is I only got one small, small piece. So I will make this again soon for me to have all to myself :) I didn't add the blue cheese only because I forgot that I didn't have any. But next time I will. Loved it!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 pint cream
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, washed,stems removed,cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the eggs, cream and milk and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, onion and grated cheese.
- Add to this the egg mixture and combine.
- Add the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture into a well greased quiche/flan dish.
- Then add all other ingredients- this ensures the filling is distributed evenly.
- Bake in moderate oven for approxiamately 40 minutes or until the center feels set when pressed.
- This is yummmmmmy served with a lettuce salad.