Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe tastes lovely and is very fast and easy to make
Make and share this Self Crusting Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 slices chopped bacon
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- Grease an ovenproof dish placing in layers sliced cooked potatoes, spinach, cheese, onion, garlic and bacon.
- Mix together eggs, self rising flour, salt and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoe mixture.
- Bake at 180-350 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Leave sitting in the dish for about 5 minutes before it is cut.
I made this for a picnic we had today, added bacon and found the texture great, wasnt soggy at all. I love recipes like this actually, my son usually eats the vegetables..lol
I made this as part of Worldwide Recipezaar Day. Sorry, Wilz, the quiche did create it's own crust, but it was soggy. I left out the bacon, but I don't think that would have been the reason, if anything, it made the quiche less fatty. Had the quiche been crustier I'm sure that this would have been delicious, based on all the other yummy ingredients in the recipe.