Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think I found this yummy dessert in a magazine somewhere. If you're going to make it for more than 3 people, make two, people always come back for seconds. Serve with a dollop of lightly whipped cream, or greek style yoghurt. Don't use a larger pie plate, slightly smaller would be even better.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup milk (not too low fat gives better result)
- Beat eggs well with sugar.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Add flour and coconut and mix well together.
- Pour into greased 20 cm pie plate.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 45 minutes.
This was really lovely and so fast to whip up. All the menfolk liked it as it had a real tang to it. The ladies gave it 6 out of 5. We served it with icecream. I really think that is all it needed. One thing though, I used a 23cm pyrex pie plate and it was too small. I had nearly a cup left over-I made an individual one and it turned out really well-would be good for a dinner party.