Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A easy way to make chicken pie. This casserole will makes it own crust!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup cooked carrot, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter, soften
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt in bowl, set aside.
- Place chicken into a lightly greased 9x13-inch dish.
- Layer the sliced hard boiled eggs on top of chicken, then the carrots.
- In a pan combine, broth and cream of chicken soup and cheese and poultry seasoning. Bring this just to a boil then pour on top of chicken and eggs and carrots.
- Now, cut butter into the flour mixture, add milk. Spoon over the chicken mixture. The dough will be lumpy somewhat.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or till brown.
- Optional: 1 cup peas can be added to the chicken too.