Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have been a long-time disliker of sweet potatoes. David (being Southern) loves them. However, all that butter and sugar aren't overly conducive to a heart-healthy diet. Then, my MIL saved the day with this recipe. She showed me how to prepare this naturally heart-healthy veggie so that they would candy themselves. Incredible! I just had to try them on her last visit, and they were just to die for--or live for! Fat-free, sugar-free, and GUILT-free; and they couldn't be any easier to make! I can't wait to see if y'all like them as much as our family does.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash sweet potatoes; pat dry with paper towel.
- Prick each potato several times with a fork (about every 1").
- Wrap each potato well in aluminum foil and line baking sheet with foil.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet. They should not touch but can be close together.
- Bake potatoes for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven. Carefully remove foil, and serve immediately. Top with butter, if desired.
- NOTES: Toward the end of the baking time, the potatoes may begin to leak their juices. This is okay (and why we line our baking sheet with foil). David & I never use the butter, but the kids love it.
- For Vegan do not use the butter.