Recipe by Linky
A healthful and energizing coffee drink to make without the help of a barista!
Top Review by lauralie41
This coffee is so good! Would be nice for a special celebration or maybe brunch. Added just the nutmeg to the coffee and enjoyed. Will be making this yummy coffee again! Made and reviewed for Culinary Quest 2015.
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup dark roast coffee, brewed
- chocolate, grated (optional)
- nutmeg, freshly ground (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, chocolate syrup and almond extract until blended. Bring just to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the milk mixture and coffee simultaneaously into a French cafe au lait bowl or a large coffee cup.
- Top with grated chocolate or nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.