Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthful and energizing coffee drink to make without the help of a barista!
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup dark roast coffee, brewed
- chocolate, grated (optional)
- nutmeg, freshly ground (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, chocolate syrup and almond extract until blended. Bring just to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the milk mixture and coffee simultaneaously into a French cafe au lait bowl or a large coffee cup.
- Top with grated chocolate or nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.
This coffee is so good! Would be nice for a special celebration or maybe brunch. Added just the nutmeg to the coffee and enjoyed. Will be making this yummy coffee again! Made and reviewed for Culinary Quest 2015.
im re entering the review as its not showing up made for cherry bombers this is a very nice drink loved it
What a way to start the day!! Delicious coffee. We topped ours with both the grated chocolate and nutmeg. I'll make this again for a special treat on a weekend relaxing day. I would either skip the almond extract or sub with vanilla next time - just personal preference. Thank you ! Made for CQ 2 - Quebec Canada region.