Recipe by WhitneysWonders
I made this when studying abroad in Spain, so other than the seitan nothing is hard to find or too specialty.
- 8 ounces ball seitan
- 2 (12 ounce) cans white beans
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice both of the tomatoes roughly and add them to a soup pot with the heat on medium.
- Add the sliced carrot and spices (including bayleaf and bullion cubes).
- Let the tomatoes break down and become sauce like.
- Dice and add diced onion and garlic.
- Slice or chunk (however you prefer it, I personally like thin slices) your seitan, let it simmer for a bit.
- Add one cup of water.
- Drain and add the white beans. (any beans would work really) and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the rest of the water.
- Once the soup or diablo is thicker add the celery and let simmer until the celery is soft.
- Add whatever spices you think it needs more, and you're done! Let it cool for a little while so all of the flavors can develop, trust me, you'll enjoy it more if you're tongue isn't burnt also.