Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this when studying abroad in Spain, so other than the seitan nothing is hard to find or too specialty.
- Dice both of the tomatoes roughly and add them to a soup pot with the heat on medium.
- Add the sliced carrot and spices (including bayleaf and bullion cubes).
- Let the tomatoes break down and become sauce like.
- Dice and add diced onion and garlic.
- Slice or chunk (however you prefer it, I personally like thin slices) your seitan, let it simmer for a bit.
- Add one cup of water.
- Drain and add the white beans. (any beans would work really) and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the rest of the water.
- Once the soup or diablo is thicker add the celery and let simmer until the celery is soft.
- Add whatever spices you think it needs more, and you're done! Let it cool for a little while so all of the flavors can develop, trust me, you'll enjoy it more if you're tongue isn't burnt also.