Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who said we had to give up wings?
- 16 ounces seitan, see note
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) jar barbecue sauce, see note
- Note: Use your favorite sauce or your favorite sauce with your favorite Hot sauce. The recipe recommended "Boss" sauce. Also use Ken Cheney's white meat seitan recipe. It is posted here and on my site. I will attest to the correctness of the one on my site.
- cut seitan into 1/2" wide by 2 or 3" long strips
- lightly coat non-stick pan with cooking spray
- heat pan to med-high
- pan fry strips of seitan until heated through, browned and somewhat crispy
- turn off heat and stir in Boss sauce
- serve with celery on the side
- Note: Try with Chicken flavored seitan for those longing for their wings.