Recipe by yogiclarebear
Healthy, tasty, and satisfying! This can be made with various veggies, I liked this combo. You could also serve this over rice or Tofu Shiritaki Noodles.
- 3 ounces seitan, sliced into strips
- 2 ounces shredded cabbage or 2 ounces coleslaw mix or 2 ounces bean sprouts
- 5 ounces kabocha squash, washed and diced, skin on
- 2 ounces snow peas, halved
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, chopped into large pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2-1 Splenda quick packs (optional) or 1⁄2-1 other artificial sweetener (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pureed ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sesame ginger salad dressing (I use Trader Joe's Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a steamer or stovetop steamer basket, soften the kabocha, snow peas, and bell pepper until just tender. Set aside.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add the garlic and let it become fragrant, 1 minute. Add the cabbage and ½ tablespoon soy sauce, stir frying until it softens a bit, 1 minute or so. Remove and keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add the seitan strips and stir fry until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. (You may need another coat of cooking spray.) Add the steamed vegetables, orange zest, the white parts of the chopped onions, and remaining soy sauce to the skillet and continue to stir fry until warm and vegetables are softened to your liking.
- Reduce heat on the skillet to low. If needed, heat the cabbage quick in the microwave and put it in the serving bowl. Add the Vinaigrette and the optional sweetener to the skillet, and stir until heated through. Serve over the cabbage, top with remaining green onions.