1/1 Photo of Seffa (Sweet Couscous With Almond Milk)
Midwest Maven's Note:
This dessert is similar to rice pudding and comes from Africa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk and almonds in a saucepan with a lid and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- 2Turn off the heat, cover and let sit while you proceed with the recipe.
- 3Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium/low.
- 4When butter melts, add the couscous and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Add 2 1/4 cups water and a pinch of salt.
- 6Bring to a boil, then turn heat down very low.
- 7Cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 7-12 minutes.
- 8While the couscous is cooking, soak the raisins, apricots and dates in warm water.
- 9Pour the couscous into a large serving bowl and stir in the remaining butter along with the drained fruit.
- 10Fluff the couscous and break up any lumps.
- 11Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir and taste to adjust seasonings if needed.
- 12Strain the almond milk and pour over the couscous and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seffa (Sweet Couscous With Almond Milk)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g