1/1 Photo of Seffa (Sweet Couscous With Almond Milk)
Midwest Maven's Note:
This dessert is similar to rice pudding and comes from Africa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk and almonds in a saucepan with a lid and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- 2Turn off the heat, cover and let sit while you proceed with the recipe.
- 3Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium/low.
- 4When butter melts, add the couscous and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Add 2 1/4 cups water and a pinch of salt.
- 6Bring to a boil, then turn heat down very low.
- 7Cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 7-12 minutes.
- 8While the couscous is cooking, soak the raisins, apricots and dates in warm water.
- 9Pour the couscous into a large serving bowl and stir in the remaining butter along with the drained fruit.
- 10Fluff the couscous and break up any lumps.
- 11Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir and taste to adjust seasonings if needed.
- 12Strain the almond milk and pour over the couscous and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seffa (Sweet Couscous With Almond Milk)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g