Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this recipe for my lovely husband (who I call Seets) after looking at several other recipes and not finding any that were close to what his Grandmother makes. He loves these, and hopefully you do too.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans yams or 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 5 1⁄4 ounces miniature marshmallows (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the yams.
- In a shallow baking dish mash one can of yams and leave the other can of yams in pieces (This is more of a personal preferance, you can leave both cans in pieces if you wish).
- Pour orange juice over the yams.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Top the yams with marshmallows.
- Bake 30 minutes or until marshmallows have melted.
- Be sure to watch the yams the last 5 minutes because the marshmellows can burn.
It was an easy recipe to follow but it just wasn't sweet enough for us. Next time I might add a touch of sugar or more brown sugar.
Great recipe! My family enjoyed it at Thanksgiving.