Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made these for breakfast for my dh yesterday and he loved them. Super easy to throw together, and and no-fuss way to use up those ripe bananas in a pinch!
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 158.51 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 7.39 ml real vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml whole milk
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 236.59 ml broken walnuts (not finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- prepare 12-cup muffin pan with liners, or spray with a non stick cooking spray, like Pam.
- combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, like a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, bananas, egg, flavorings and milk (tip: If you use a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, there is no need to soften the butter, or mash the bananas; the mixer will do it for you).
- Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- remove when lightly browned and centers are firm to a light touch with your finger tip.
- remove from pan and cool on rack.
OMG, loved these ;muffins. I made them to take on vacation with us and they were devoured in minutes. Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful! We absolutely loved the moist, soft texture! Thanks for the great recipe!
Very moist and full of flavor! We really enjoyed these a lot. I baked them in muffin papers since that keeps them fresher when eaten over a few days. The kids thought they were the best banana nut muffins we've ever tried. Thanks for posting!