Recipe by Loves2Teach
I made these for breakfast for my dh yesterday and he loved them. Super easy to throw together, and and no-fuss way to use up those ripe bananas in a pinch!
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 158.51 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 7.39 ml real vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml whole milk
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 236.59 ml broken walnuts (not finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- prepare 12-cup muffin pan with liners, or spray with a non stick cooking spray, like Pam.
- combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, like a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, bananas, egg, flavorings and milk (tip: If you use a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, there is no need to soften the butter, or mash the bananas; the mixer will do it for you).
- Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- remove when lightly browned and centers are firm to a light touch with your finger tip.
- remove from pan and cool on rack.