Recipe by Loves2Teach
I made these for breakfast for my dh yesterday and he loved them. Super easy to throw together, and and no-fuss way to use up those ripe bananas in a pinch!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup broken walnuts (not finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- prepare 12-cup muffin pan with liners, or spray with a non stick cooking spray, like Pam.
- combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, like a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, bananas, egg, flavorings and milk (tip: If you use a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, there is no need to soften the butter, or mash the bananas; the mixer will do it for you).
- Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- remove when lightly browned and centers are firm to a light touch with your finger tip.
- remove from pan and cool on rack.