1/2 Photos of Seet's Super-Rich Banana Nut Muffins
I made these for breakfast for my dh yesterday and he loved them. Super easy to throw together, and and no-fuss way to use up those ripe bananas in a pinch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup broken walnuts (not finely chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2prepare 12-cup muffin pan with liners, or spray with a non stick cooking spray, like Pam.
- 3combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4Using a stand mixer, like a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, bananas, egg, flavorings and milk (tip: If you use a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, there is no need to soften the butter, or mash the bananas; the mixer will do it for you).
- 5Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- 6Stir in walnut pieces.
- 7Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- 9remove when lightly browned and centers are firm to a light touch with your finger tip.
- 10remove from pan and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seet's Super-Rich Banana Nut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g