Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is extremely delicious and easy to make.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 3 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar with evaporated milk.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and marshmallow cream until fluffy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture.
- When chocolate is melted, add vanilla and nuts.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut into squares before becoming firm.
- Caution: This makes a LOT of fudge!
This is about the same as 'my' recipe for See's fudge. It's very good. I just use a 12 oz can of evap milk and have no problems. I do stir constantly during the 7-8 min rolling boil -- try to keep your temperature as low as possible while maintaining a boil. Use the largest jelly roll pan you can find (mine is 11.5" x 17") as this makes a ton. Fudge didn't step for you?? Turn them into truffles by making balls & roll in cocoa or something -- and next time boil a little longer.
I made this yesterday and it is delicious and creamy, but I am curious about the 14 oz can of evap. milk; it comes in 12 oz and 5 oz cans. I used exactly 14 oz as the recipe called for, but it did not set up as firmly as fudge should. Did others just use a 12 oz can? Also, recipe does not mention if you should stir during the boiling.I will make this again (with 12 oz milk), but would love some input!
For once my fudge came out perfect!! When I saw it was See's I had to try it, I'm from Calif and remember the wonderful fudge we use to get there!! This is it! Thank you! I used a half sheet jelly roll pan and it made 130 pieces!