Recipe by ElaineM
This is extremely delicious and easy to make.
Top Review by AngieME
This is about the same as 'my' recipe for See's fudge. It's very good. I just use a 12 oz can of evap milk and have no problems. I do stir constantly during the 7-8 min rolling boil -- try to keep your temperature as low as possible while maintaining a boil. Use the largest jelly roll pan you can find (mine is 11.5" x 17") as this makes a ton. Fudge didn't step for you?? Turn them into truffles by making balls & roll in cocoa or something -- and next time boil a little longer.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 3 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar with evaporated milk.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and marshmallow cream until fluffy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture.
- When chocolate is melted, add vanilla and nuts.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut into squares before becoming firm.
- Caution: This makes a LOT of fudge!