Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had an elderly friend that would give us a box of See's Candy every year for Christmas and we looked forward to it all year long. I think See's Candy Co. originated in California and it is absolutely delicious candy. I was fortunate enough to come across this recipe for their fudge and when the children were young I would make it a lot. Now that it automatically goes to my waistline I don't make it very often, but I am putting the recipe here for safe keeping. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 10 marshmallows, regular size
- 1⁄4 lb butter, one stick
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt 10 marshmallows along with the butter in a double boiler.
- Boil the evaporated milk with the sugar for 6 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture and marshmallow mixture over the chocolate chips and mix with wooden spoon until creamy and thick which is about 8 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and nuts and then pour into buttered 8x8 pan. Cool in refrigerator and then cut into squares.
Just made it this morning! i used milk chocolate chips. it is very easy and good!! easy to understand directions vs. some others i've seen. i will make some more tonight after work!!
update: i have made this so many times! i get so many rave reviews from everyone! i always use milk chocolate chips. and upon review of the directions i realized that i haven't been following them well. i place the evap milk, sugar, and marshmallows all together in the pan, and pour it all together over the chips and it has never failed me. this is such a truly awesome fudge recipe!!