Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
See's is a candy shop here in California that makes wonderful chocolates. Whether this is really a copy of their fudge I don't know. I got it from my mother-in-law, Grandma B, over 30 years ago and use it every time we get the chocolate urge.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Butter a 9/13-inch pan.
- In top of double boiler, melt 1/4 cube butter.
- Add 10 marshmallows, cut in fourths and melt with butter.
- In large pan, mix 1/2 large can evaporated milk (7/8 cup) and sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil and then boil for 6 minutes, watching closely so that it doesn't burn.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips, walnuts, vanilla and butter.
- Pour marshmallow mix and hot syrup mix over chocolate chips and nuts.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour into buttered pan and cool.
- When cool, cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
i have been searching for this texture and flavor for years. Melts in your mouth.. Our UPS man says its heavenly and I think so too!!S.Rutherford
This is ok, but it's not the original See's fudge recipe. I got the recipe in 1962 while living in Los Angeles. It has 2 sticks butter, 4 1/2 cups sugar, 2 jar marshmallow cream, 1 can evap. milk, tablespoon vanilla, 2 cups nuts and 2 cups chocolate chips. I'm not saying this is a bad recipe, it's pretty good, but butter makes it richer.
I have never had See's fudge. All I know is that this is an easy, delicious recipe. Honestly, to the reviewer that said more butter will make it richer, I don't think I would want it to be any richer. It is plenty rich!