Recipe by Sharlene~W
See's is a candy shop here in California that makes wonderful chocolates. Whether this is really a copy of their fudge I don't know. I got it from my mother-in-law, Grandma B, over 30 years ago and use it every time we get the chocolate urge.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9/13-inch pan.
- In top of double boiler, melt 1/4 cube butter.
- Add 10 marshmallows, cut in fourths and melt with butter.
- In large pan, mix 1/2 large can evaporated milk (7/8 cup) and sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil and then boil for 6 minutes, watching closely so that it doesn't burn.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips, walnuts, vanilla and butter.
- Pour marshmallow mix and hot syrup mix over chocolate chips and nuts.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour into buttered pan and cool.
- When cool, cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Store covered in refrigerator.