Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
A refreshing spicy Drink! Great for your body! Can be doubled.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom (Finely ground in coffee grinder)
- 1 clove (Finely ground in coffee grinder)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 star anise (Finely ground in coffee grinder)
- 1 star fruit, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 slice pineapple, 1 inch
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 ice cubes
- Heat apple juice and spices to a boil.
- Simmer five minutes and strain and cool.
- Pour apple juice mixture with rest of ingredients into blender and blend till icy smooth.
- Drink up!
Did double this right off, 'cause my breakfast drinks are usually large! Did 'cool' the apple juice mixture in the freezer until almost frozen, then left out the ice cubes in the final blending, & probably had a bit more intense flavor! VERY, VERY NICE DRINK, & definitely a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as an extra recipe for one of my raw food teammates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap]
This was a fabulous drink for a cold. Would be great anytime but really soothing and yummy when I needed some TLC. Thanks Rita
Wow...what an energizer. I had to leave out the star fruit, but stayed true to the recipe for all the other ingredients and was delighted at the exotic flavor and sweet taste. It gave me a good excuse to haul out my liitle spice grinder and I had fun making this healthful beverage. Rita...I loved this recipe.