Recipe by Geema
This bread provides lots of nutrition and is also tremendously tasty from all the different seeds.
Top Review by ellie_
Good and healthy and tastes great -- what a perfect combination! However, I admit I used a mixture of whole wheat and white flour (to equal the required 3 cups) skipped the poppy seeds (didn't have any on hand) and subbed dill weed for the dill seed (out of the seed). This bread rose really high and we all enjoyed it with soup for dinner, but I think it will also be wonderful for breakfast slathered with jam! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and seeds in the bread machine basket.
- Add the flour.
- Make a well in the center and put the sugar and yeast in it.
- Sprinkle the salt around the edges of the basket so it isn't mixed with the yeast and sugar.
- Select a setting for 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Try this recipe for making delicious bread sticks too.
- Just stop the machine at the end of kneading and shape the dough into thick long rolls, brushing with oil.
- Allow them to rise until double in size and bake at 375.
- for 25-30 minutes.