Recipe by kgbtinker
I was looking for a bread recipe that combined the things I liked and couldn't find anything. So I finally decided to come up with one myself. For a first try it came out pretty darn good.
Top Review by Caretta
This bread is amazing!! Thank you for sharing it! I made it exactly as stated with the exception of the bread flour, which I didn't have. I grind my own white wheat flour and I just used all of that. The loaves were not as tall as they probably would have been, but wow, SO delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup multi-grain cereal
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2-2 3⁄4 cups white bread flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients, mix well. Let set until lukewarm.
- Mix yeast with warm water and sugar. Let set until bubbly.
- In mixing bowl combine cereal mixture, yeast mixture and all of the remaining ingredients except the bread flour.
- Using paddle attachement mix for 3-4 minutes. Change to dough hook and add bread flour. Mix for 3-4 minutes. The dough will be a little sticky. Turn out onto floured counter and knead for 3-4 minutes, adding bench flour only to prevent sticking.
- Place in greased bowl. Cover and let raise until double. Punch down, divide in half, form loaves and place in bread pans. Cover and let raise 30-40 minutes. Bake 375 degrees 25-30 minutes, until bottom of pan "hisses" when touched quickly with damp finger tip. Remove from pans, let cool on cooling rack.