Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Soft buns, topped with crunch seeds, perfect complement to grilled burgers. Got this recipe from King Arthur and it looks wonderful. Lots of bun recipes on here - but this looks to good to pass up. It's a pretty easy recipe to follow with resulting in (IMHO) some impressive looking buns! Prep time does not include rising.
- To make dough; combine all dough ingredients and mix and knead by hand, mixer or bread machine - to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for an hour, until it's almost doubled in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly greased surface, flatten slightly and divide it into 6 pieces, each weighing about 4 ounces.
- Roll each piece into a ball. Place in the creased cups of a hamburger bun pan (or shape) and flatten gently.
- Cover and let rise until buns have doubled in size.
- Towards end of rising time, preheat oven to 375.
- Bake buns for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, bursh with lightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with seed topping; do this quickly or the seeds won't stick. Return buns to oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.