- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and blend with fingers or a pastry blender.
- Add water to make a stiff dough.
- Divide into thirds.
- Roll out one portion and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Roll lightly to press seeds into dough and cut into shapes.
- Do the same with the poppy and caraway seeds.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes.