Recipe by FLKeysJen
A lightened up version of the traditional Thanksgiving casserole - and a great side dish for anytime! From Janet & Greta Podleski.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into quarter-inch-thick rounds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first five ingredients; set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray; arrange sweet potato slices over bottom in layers; sprinkle with pecans and coconut; pour milk mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and give potatoes a stir; return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender; stir again, and let cool slightly before serving.