Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
whenever I try and seduce my hubby it is always good at have this broccoli casserole around. it is his all-time favorite dish
- 1 lb frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 (5 ounce) packagebroccoli cheese flavored rice
- 1 lb diced veleveeta cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- Mix up everything but crackers in a casserole.
- put crushed crackers on top.
- bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
WOW! I totally was not expecting that. I was just looking for some classic hotdish recipes to help save a few pennies on the energy bill during an ugly Wisconsin winter. But my DH has been working some pretty long hours lately, and well, we haven't had a whole lot of "us time," if you know what I mean, so I laughed and threw this recipe on the top of the pile.
So I cooked up a dish, lit a few candles, and served it up one evening when the kids were staying at my sister's. First let me just say YUM. The Velveeta really melts perfectly and the cheddar adds a spicy kick to it. Before long we were feeding spoonfuls to each other across the kitchen table!
Well, OK, I don't want this review to turn into a sequel to "9 1/2 Weeks." Suffice it to say we're going to generate a lot of heat this winter!