1/4 Photos of Sedona Orchards' French Onion Soup
Galley Wench's Note:
This is classic French Onion soup with a twist. The recipe comes from the Orchard's restaurant in Sedona, Arizona. It's a big recipe but obviously can be cut down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until brown.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and white wine. Stir constantly until mixture is reduced by about 80 percent. Watch carefully that it doesn't turn to caramel!
- 4Add reduction to large pan with beef consomme.
- 5Bring to a boil and stir in the sauted onions, salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7For maximum flavor, this soup is better if you immediately cool and then reheat just before serving.
- 8To serve, spoon 6 to 8 ounes of soup in an ovenproof bowl, place a slice of sourdough bread over the soup and sliced swiss cheese over the bread.
- 9Place under broiler until the cheese is melted.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sedona Orchards' French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 2279.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g