Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I made this for a women's brunch I went to and everyone loved it! Tastes great and easy, too!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) packagereduced fat breakfast sausage
- 1 (30 ounce) packagefrozen hashbrown potatoes
- 2 cups 2% cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups egg substitute (or 9 eggs, beaten)
- 1 cup reduced fat 1% milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown sausage and onion in a medium saute pan and then drain.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Pour hashbrowns into a large bowl and add egg mixture, sausage mixture and 1 1/2 c.cheese.
- Toss until well combined and then spoon into baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 Celsius cheese and cook for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!