1/23 Photos of Secretly Delicious Spinach Pie
Rose's Granddaughter's Note:
The tortilla adds a delicious crunchy shell and it smells so good while it is cooking. I actually made up this recipe from items in my kitchen and couldn't believe how wonderful it tasted! It is now a hit in my family and so EASY to make. Please rate and give feedback. Update: Since I first made this five years ago, we still enjoy this at least once a month. I have found that I can alternate the ingredients to use up items I have in the fridge. I have used mushrooms, sauteed onions, cherry tomatoes and even feta cheese instead of cheddar cheese. And it always comes out fantastic. I have also found that there are times I need to use more or less eggs depending on the ingredients. Also, a glass pie pan is so much better than a metal as it toasts the tortilla just right. Such an easy recipe with gourmet taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first six ingredients (eggs, bacon, milk, garlic, lemon pepper and salt) in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2Lay the flour tortilla in a glass pie dish, press gently - does not need to lay perfectly flat against dish. I don't spray it prior and have never had any issues with it sticking. Especially when made using a glass pie pan.
- 3Sprinkle only 1/2 cup cheese on tortilla.
- 4Sprinkle remaining cheese and the spinach onto tortilla in layers, and press gently. I don't chop or tear the spinach but you might opt to do this.
- 5Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, be careful not to pour any outside of tortilla as this causes it to stick to pan.
- 6Bake in oven at 365 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Insert fork in center and it should come out clean.
- 7Use sharp knife to cut into pie slices and serve hot.
- 8Other options: Instead of garlic, you can use 1/4 cup onions. For added flavor, serve with homemade salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Secretly Delicious Spinach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 256.9 mg
- Sodium 610.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: