The tortilla adds a delicious crunchy shell and it smells so good while it is cooking. I actually made up this recipe from items in my kitchen and couldn't believe how wonderful it tasted! It is now a hit in my family and so EASY to make. Please rate and give feedback. Update: Since I first made this five years ago, we still enjoy this at least once a month. I have found that I can alternate the ingredients to use up items I have in the fridge. I have used mushrooms, sauteed onions, cherry tomatoes and even feta cheese instead of cheddar cheese. And it always comes out fantastic. I have also found that there are times I need to use more or less eggs depending on the ingredients. Also, a glass pie pan is so much better than a metal as it toasts the tortilla just right. Such an easy recipe with gourmet taste!
- Mix the first six ingredients (eggs, bacon, milk, garlic, lemon pepper and salt) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Lay the flour tortilla in a glass pie dish, press gently - does not need to lay perfectly flat against dish. I don't spray it prior and have never had any issues with it sticking. Especially when made using a glass pie pan.
- Sprinkle only 1/2 cup cheese on tortilla.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and the spinach onto tortilla in layers, and press gently. I don't chop or tear the spinach but you might opt to do this.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, be careful not to pour any outside of tortilla as this causes it to stick to pan.
- Bake in oven at 365 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Insert fork in center and it should come out clean.
- Use sharp knife to cut into pie slices and serve hot.
- Other options: Instead of garlic, you can use 1/4 cup onions. For added flavor, serve with homemade salsa.