Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe has this name as once made it resembles a regular tomato sauce. It's great for giving to fussy eaters who won't eat vegetables and is low fat and low GI as well. This freezes very well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 courgettes, washed and grated
- 2 carrots, washed and grated
- 1 butternut squash, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -3 quality tomatoes
- Fry the onions and the rest of the vegetables over a low heat in a large saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Add the oregano, bay leaves and the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Blitz to a puree with a hand-blender or processor.