Recipe by LuuvBunny
This great recipe comes from the book A Passion For Baking by Marcy Goldman.These come together so easily and are so tender.I also added about 1/2 cup chopped green onion. An added note in the book she says if you want to turn these into shortcake biscuits just increase the sugar to 1/3 cup and use 6 tbsp butter.I'm going to try that and add some raisins too to make raisin buns.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a measuring cup,stir lemon juice and whipping cream together and let stand a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stack 2 baking sheets together and line top sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange oven rack to upper third position.
- In a food processor,add flour,sugar,salt,baking powder,baking soda and blend briefly.
- Add shortening and butter and pulse to make a coarse,grainy mixture.
- Turn out into a large bowl,drizzle soured cream over the mixture and stir lightly with a fork to blend.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times until mixture is just rollable.
- Pat or roll to 1 inch thickness and cut into 2 inch disks with a cookie cutter.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk or melted butter.
- Bake until golden,about 12-15 minutes.