1/2 Photos of Secret Sandwich (Lunch Box Surprise)
For our 5 year olds lunch box for either snack time or lunch for his first year at kindergarten that are reasonably healthy but will bring a smile to his face when he finds them. Kids tire of the same old sandwich, so I came up with this as a new and fun way to make sure he doesn't skip his sandwich! I was surprised at how much lunch meat and cheese I was able to get in the muffin! If you child likes lettuce you could stuff some of that inside as well. You could actually fill the hole with just about any type of sandwich filling. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dinner roll, muffin (Dinner roll baked in muffin tin, I bought them in our grocery store's bakery)
- mayonnaise or mustard
- 1 -2 slice deli turkey (your child's favorite) or 1 -2 slice deli chicken (your child's favorite) or 1 -2 slice deli ham (your child's favorite)
- 1 slice cheese (your child's favorite)
- 1Using a small paring knife, pierce the bottom of the muffin until the knife almost reaches the top. Cut a circle and pull out the bread cylinder and set aside.
- 2Using your fingers, press the inside bread walls to make them thinner.
- 3Add condiment of your choice to inside of roll.
- 4Add lunch meat until it is about a 1/3 full. Then add cheese until it is 2/3 full and fill with more lunch meat.
- 5Cut a bit of the cylinder off and apply condiment to the bready side of the circle. Press into bottom of muffin.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Secret Sandwich (Lunch Box Surprise)
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 1022.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g