Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I was a young girl, my best friends mom always had something homemade for us to eat. This pie was one of my favorites and it is so easy to make!!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 22 Ritz crackers, rolled fine
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in other ingredients.
- Spread in pie plate and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with shaved unsweetened chocolate if desired.
Love this pie! So easy too! I don't like fruit so I generally stay away from most pies except pecan - and I don't make pecan very often since pecans are so pricey. Nice to have a good alternative! You'd never know it was made out of Ritz crackers (and in haste I didn't smash them up as fine as I should have). I topped it with Cool Whip and a drizzle of Hershey's syrup. Yummm!