Recipe by True Texas
I clipped this salad recipe from a magazine either "Womans Day" or "Family Circle" in the 80's.
Top Review by Marlene.
I thought this was a very good pasta salad. I love the ingredients , but I think next time (and oh you bet, I'll make it again) I think I'll just stick with an Italian dressing. Not sure what it is , can't put my finger on it , but I think it's the canned milk. It just doesn't quite do it for me but , like I said , I love the ingredients to the salad itself , so it will be made again! Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 (7 ounce) elbow macaroni, 2 cups cooked
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup salami, thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients and toss with Top Secret Dressing.
- Cover and chill. (stuff into tomatoes if desired.
- Top Secret Dressing:.
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk, undilluted.
- 2 to 3 T. vinegar.
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated.
- 1/2 cup salad oil.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt (can use little more).
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Cover and Sake well. chill.