Recipe by Linda N
This cookie recipe is sooooooo good. The finely chopped walnuts add a richness to the cookies. The original recipe called for rolling these cookies in powdered sugar after they cool down, but honestly these cookies don't need the powdered sugar and are certainly less messy to eat without the sugar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 30 -45 candy kisses with almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour and mix well. Fold in the walnuts. Refrigerate the dough 2-3 hours until firm.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Flatten the balls and place a candy kiss in the center of each. Pinch the dough together around the kiss. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until set but not browned. Cool for one minute and then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- After the cookies have cooled, you can roll them in powdered sugar if you wish. I prefer them without the extra sugar.