Recipe by malka margulies
I have never made this recipe but it sounds good. I don't know how long the prep time is. If you make it let me know how it turns out. The secret ingredient is butterscotch chips. These melt in with the marshmallows and help create a more substantial square. Enjoy.
Top Review by cuisinebymae
These are wonderful! The butterscotch chips are excellent in this. I only made 1/2 recipe because I only had 1 bag of marshmallows. I put them in an 8" square lightly greased pan. I lightly grease my hands with butter to press them into the pan. I will be making these again. Fabulous!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows (2 - 250 gram packages)
- 1 1⁄4 cups miniature butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 cups Rice Krispies or 12 cups similar style cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with wax paper or baking parchment.
- In a large, heavy bottomed stockpot, on low heat, melt the margarine and marshmallows.
- Do this slowly so as not to scorch the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and allow to melt slowly.
- Stir in vanilla, then all of the cereal and blend, using a large wood spoon or rubber spatula.
- Turn out evenly onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- With hands dipped in cold water, flatten mixture as evenly as possible on the sheets.
- Allow to set.
- Cut into squares.
- Place in freezer.
- Once chilled, remove squares and wrap separately.