Recipe by Aunt Cookie
And the secret ingredient is...tofu! This is a nice recipe for those trying to get more soy into their diets. I think the parmesan does a nice job of disguising the tofu.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb silken tofu (don't use the chewy type of tofu!)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- grated parmesan cheese, for the top (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Boil the noodles until al dente.
- Melt butter/margarine in a small saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and saute until softened.
- Place milk and tofu in a blender and process until creamy.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a 10-cup baking dish. Top with extra parmesan, if desired.
- Bake until bubbly.