1/4 Photos of Secret Ingredient Curried Cauliflower Soup
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
This soup's secret ingredient -- an apple -- lends a touch of tangy sweetness that complements the curry's spice. It's low calorie, high fiber and delicious. Published in the January 2009 issue of Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in oil in large stock pot for 5-7 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 2Add apple, curry powder and garlic and cook 2 minutes more or until curry powder turns deep yellow.
- 3Add cauliflower and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- 4Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Cool 20 minutes then blend in food processor or blender until smooth.
- 6Stir in honey (or agave nectar) and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- 7Reheat or serve cool.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Secret Ingredient Curried Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar