3 hrs 20 mins
Although it looks complicated, using canned goods makes this a quick recipe, and it can simmer in a crockpot. The veggies add interesting texture. But the fun part is tasting the chili as it cooks to figure out which of the secret ingredients it needs...it never turns out the same way twice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (preferably seasoned)
- 1 can chili bean (with sauce)
- 1 can kidney bean (can substitute other beans)
- 1 can black beans (can substitute other beans)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- minced garlic or garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown ground beef in medium-hot skillet, adding some of the seasonings.
- 2While beef browns, sautee vegetables in separate pot on medium heat, adding 2 tsp of the beef drippings (or vegetable oil if desired).
- 3When beef is fully cooked, drain if desired.
- 4Stir crumbled cooked beef and remaining ingredients into the vegetables, reserving optional ingredients.
- 5Cook uncovered on low heat for a few hours (or in a crockpot with the lid"ajar"), stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces to desired consistency.
- 6Adjust taste frequently using secret ingredients.
- 7Enjoy with standard chili fare: cornbread, crusty bread, garlic bread, toast, baked potato, rice, etc.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Secret Ingredient Beef & Veggie Chili
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 654.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: