Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
The secret ingredient is Italian salad dressing and the flavor it adds is wonderful. Comfort food at its best.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was nice although I would have liked it a little richer in flavour, I think some tomato paste would have made all the difference. I threw all the ingredients in the slow cooker and served it with rice for a simple dinner.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 2 cups mini peeled carrots
- 1 medium green pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big pot or dutch oven, brown meat in salad dressing. Add the next 9 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours or till meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, pepper and onion.
- Cover and simmer another hour or until veggies are tender. Combine flour and cold water in a shaker, stir into stew and bring to a boil till thickened. Serve.