Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know what you might be thinking,'Ho Hum, Another meatloaf recipe " .Well your right, but I think the secret ingredient sets this recipe apart from any other meatloaf in the "ZAAR"data base.Please feel free to adjust any of the seasonings or veggies to suit your own personal tastes. Submitted to "ZAAR" on December 9th,2008.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, any type
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup French-fried onions, measured then crushed
- 1⁄8 cup barbecue sauce
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, mix in a large bowl all ingredients except for the 1/8 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Pour meatloaf into dish, and free form into a loaf shape.
- Bake for 45 minutes,then drain if needed.
- Take remaining BBQ sauce and spread over top and sides.
- Return meatloaf to over and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let meatloaf "rest " for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy. :).
We love meatloaf and this one looked interesting. It was delicious. I used a hickory smoked bbq sauce. The meatloaf was tender, held together when sliced and had an incredible smoky flavor. Love the red bell pepper. Thanks for sharing.